Regaine For Men 5% Minoxidil Foam Hair Loss TreatmentMy Minoxidil
How Does Regaine For Men 5% Minoxidil Work?
Regaine for men solution and foam both contain the active ingredient minoxidil 5%.
Minoxidil was first used in tablet form as a medicine to treat high blood pressure. It lowers blood pressure by dilating the blood vessels. It was noticed that some people taking minoxidil experienced excessive hair growth as a side effect, and further research showed that hair growth could be stimulated by applying a solution of minoxidil directly to the scalp.
It’s not fully understood how minoxidil stimulates hair growth. However, when applied to the scalp, minoxidil dilates the tiny blood vessels in the scalp, which increases the blood circulation to the hair follicles. This may be how minoxidil stimulates hair growth.
How long does it take Regaine For Men 5% Minoxidil to work?
Regaine will not work for everyone and it’s not possible to predict individual responses. However, younger men who have been losing hair for a short period of time or have a small area of baldness may be more likely to see results than men who have been losing hair for many years or who have a large area of baldness.
You may need to apply Regaine twice a day for at least two months before any hair regrowth becomes noticeable. If there’s no improvement after four months of using the foam, or after a year of using the solution, you should stop using Regaine for men.
If Regaine does work for you, you will need to keep using it twice a day for your hair growth to continue. If you stop using Regaine any regrown hair may disappear three to four months later, and the balding process will then continue.
How to use Regaine For Men Foam Hair Loss Treatment
Make sure your scalp and hair are dry before applying Regaine.
- If you’re using Regaine solution you should apply 1ml of the solution to the affected areas of the scalp twice a day. Use your fingertips to spread the solution over the entire bald area.
- If you’re using Regaine foam you should apply 1g of the foam (this is equivalent to about the volume of half a capful of the foam) to the affected areas of the scalp twice a day. Use your fingertips to massage the foam into the entire bald area.
- Don’t apply Regaine if the skin on your scalp is broken, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful.
- Take care to avoid getting the solution or foam in your eyes.
- Wash your hands after applying Regaine to avoid accidentally getting it on other areas of skin – this could cause hair growth where you don’t want it.
- Don’t use more than the recommended amount of Regaine – using more product or using it more often won’t make it any more effective.
- Don’t apply Regaine to areas of skin other than the scalp.
Regaine for men 5% Minoxidil facts
Regaine for men foam and solution are both flammable. Do not use them near any naked flame or heat source, or while smoking.
Your hair may shed when you first start using Regaine. This is due to old hairs falling out as new hairs grow in their place. If any shedding goes on for more than two weeks you should stop using Regaine and see your doctor.
If you experience chest pain, fast heart beat, faintness, dizziness, sudden unexplained weight gain, swollen hands or feet, or persistent redness or irritation of the scalp you should stop using Regaine and see your doctor.